[MERGE] Make value_switches=True the default for RegistryOption.

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Thu Apr 17 02:13:31 BST 2008

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 8:41 AM, Robert Widhopf-Fenk <hack at robf.de> wrote:
> It was False, but set to True nearly everywhere and where it was not
>  one would not get any help for those options , e.g. "bzr tag -h" did
>  not list the valid --sort types.

So this will mean that in most cases where you can pass --foo=BAR for
various values of bar, you'll also get --bar options and they will be
listed in help?

This should probably be in news as an internal change.

I wonder if it would be better to just make the help text generation
list all the values?  I am slightly concerned this will make the
available options seem much larger than is needed.

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>