Windows issue

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Sat Apr 12 21:35:56 BST 2008

Dave Compton пишет:
> Although this is almost certainly a cygwin bug, from the user's
> perspective it looks like a bzr failure.  This probably discourages a
> number of first time Bazaar users on windows - some to the point of
> giving up entirely on Bazaar.
> Is there be any way to do *something* more immediate to help a
> cygwin/bzr user who sees this problem?  Maybe the cygwin bug can be
> coded around.  If not, could the error message be changed to give some
> direction regarding what the user can do to work around the problem?

I have advice how to workaround this problem. You need to have native bzr
version installed.

Initialize new shared repository without trees (this will helps to avoid
problems with symlinks):

bzr init-repo --no-trees DUAL_REPO

Do any operations with external ssh/sftp server via windows native bzr
to DUAL_REPO. It should work without problem. You'll get new branch
in DUAL_REPO.

Then do checkout or lightweight checkout from this treeless branch
in DUAL_REPO with Cygwin's bzr.

So you will use Cygwin's bzr for all local operations and Windows' bzr
for all external operations. It's not very handy if you need to work
with external server very frequently, but at least it will work.