bzr 1.4rc1 up for testing

Russel Winder russel.winder at concertant.com
Fri Apr 11 09:36:38 BST 2008

On Fri, 2008-04-11 at 18:04 +1000, Martin Pool wrote:
> bzr 1.4rc1 packages are now uploaded into the ppa and either building or built.
>
> I like the suggestion (from Russel?) that we should put bzr-svn there
> too; I'll try to do that early next week.

I think bzr, bzrtools, bzr-svn, and bzr-builddeb need to be uploaded to
Lauchpad PPA as a quartet, but then if they are not released all at the
same time by the same person there has to be a period of
"inconsistency".

Now that 1.4-rc1 of bzr is uploaded, aptitude cannot see a consistent
upgrade path because bzrtools, bzr-svn, and bzr-builddeb are not
compatible with the new bzr.  This is fine as long as there is a
consistent set somewhere.

I wonder if more active use of backports would help here.  Launchpad PPA
can have the rcs etc. and if there is a full set of the last release (in
this case 1.3) in backports people can chop and change as needed --
currently backports doesn't have bzr 1.3, just the rc1.  However, I am
not sure what the upload policy is for backports.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder                 Partner

Concertant LLP                   t: +44 20 7585 2200, +44 20 7193 9203
41 Buckmaster Road,              f: +44 8700 516 084
London SW11 1EN, UK.             m: +44 7770 465 077