[MERGE] Draft up an interface for repository streams that is more capable than the current one

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Fri Apr 11 02:11:36 BST 2008

This drafts up the repository streams interface I've been muttering
about.

It should allow modular implementation down at each versioned file,
support for mpdiffs, weaves and full texts without forcing transcoding
in e.g. weave->weave cases, be able to expose what we put in v4 bundles
as a stream without much work.

Feedback appreciated; I *think* I got everyones concerns balanced, and
I'm going to start making it a reality - but it should be easy enough to
change anything I do to adjust to feedback.

-Rob