split

Daniel Oberhoff danielo at phys.ethz.ch
Wed Apr 9 20:18:57 BST 2008

> It does change all the revision ids, because otherwise if ever the 2 forms met,
> you would collapse space-time (or just get random errors, not sure which, I
> don't want to be there when it happens :).

I must admit I don't understand that, even though I kinda understood
relativity back then, but then I haven't thought all too hard about
versioning systems yet :).

> Anyway, most of the functionality is already in place, it would
> probably take me
> a couple of days if I really wanted to put something in place to do the rest,
> but my time is taken up with other things at the moment.

Hmm, it would sure be neat. As I understand it neither Hg nor git have
it (there is a howto out there that explains how to use gits histroy
rewriting capabilities, but it sounded only a little easier than
writing a filter for fast-import....). But I know how it is with time
and too many projects.

Best

Daniel