[MERGE] provide lock debugging in tests

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Mon Apr 7 21:39:46 BST 2008

On Fri, 2008-04-04 at 01:58 -0400, Martin Pool wrote:
> Martin Pool has voted resubmit.
> Status is now: Resubmit
> Comment:
> It's much better to have options that turn on debug trace not cause side
> effects; please use -Dlock_checks or something instead.

It seems to me that debugging this will always want both the debug trace
and lock analysis. The side effect is *solely* within the test suite so
I don't see using a different flag being any better for now;

> It seems like it would not be much harder to check that they are
> actually paired up and print the lock that caused the trouble, but I
> guess someone can add this if they want it.

> Finally, please remember to update the list of debug flags.

Well, not much harder to match the urls and nonces; but thats not that
much better - really nice turns up when we add trace gathering.

-Rob