bzr-svn 0.4.9 rocks ; -) (was: Re: check in a bzr branch into subversion)

Martin Steigerwald ms at teamix.de
Mon Apr 7 11:03:46 BST 2008

Am Mittwoch, 24. Oktober 2007 schrieb Jelmer Vernooij:
> Am Mittwoch, den 24.10.2007, 13:39 +0200 schrieb Martin Steigerwald:
> > Am Mittwoch, 24. Oktober 2007 schrieb Erik Bågfors:
> > > I think it would go like this
> > > 1) create the branch in svn
> > > 2) branch the branch using bzr-svn
> > > 3) checkin as much as you want into this branch.
> > > 4) push it into svn using bzr-svn
> > >
> > > If you have a branch created in bzr that you want to push to svn, I
> > > don't know if that's possible or not.
> >
> > Problem is: I already have that bazaar branch with more than 40 revisions
> > and I would like to keep the version history. Well I could checkout
> > revision 1 of my bazaar branch and check it into svn and then revision 2,
> > pretty much the same as what tailor would do.
> >
> > I just thought bzr-svn might be able to help me there. Otherwise I would
> > try whether tailor can convert it for me. But my last experiences with
> > tailor - I wanted to convert mercurial to bazaar - haven't been that
> > convincing.
>
> You should be able to use the 'svn-push' command from bzr-svn; for
> example, you can run something like (from the bzr branch you'd like to
> push):
>
> bzr svn-push svn://foobar.host/repository/trunk
>
> I'd recommend using the latest version of bzr-svn for this.

Hi!

Finally I was able to svn-push a bazaar branch with 50 revisions to our
subversion repository with bzr 1.3 and bzr-svn 0.4.9! That last version was
needed due to the fix of bug 203975 [1].

I was able to bzr branch out from the subversion repository again and to make
the old Bazaar branch bzr-svn compatible by using

bzr upgrade --rich-root-pack

and then upgrade to a revision that was new in the subversion repository via

bzr up

Worked like a charm ;-).

So thanks a bunch, Jelmer and everyone else involved!

I think I will be using this regularily now after some time of testing it with
one project.

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr-svn/+bug/203975

Ciao,
--
Martin Steigerwald - team(ix) GmbH - http://www.teamix.de
gpg: 19E3 8D42 896F D004 08AC A0CA 1E10 C593 0399 AE90