running bzr commit on only modified files as a daily cron job

Rahul Nabar rpnabar at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 05:52:25 BST 2008

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 8:58 PM, Matt Nordhoff
<mnordhoff at mattnordhoff.com> wrote:
>  As Martin Pool said, why not commit the whole tree? Also, you don't need
>  to check if there are modified files. If you just try "bzr commit" and
>  there are no changes, it won't do anything.
>
>  Also, if you did want to commit each file separately for some reason,
>  doing a "status" on each file in the inventory isn't very efficient. You
>  could parse the output from a "bzr status" on the whole tree. It would
>  probably be even better to write the script in Python and use bzrlib's API..
>  --

Thanks Matt and Martin. Maybe I should commit the whole tree! Never
crossed my mind. Can I still do it although I have my .bzrignore set
to *?

I remember trying to recursively add my whole ~/.vim folder to bazaar
using a bzr add ~/.vim That time it did not work. I had to
individually add each file I had in there.  So I assumed a bzr commit
~/ would also not work either.....Please let me know if I'm wrong
here! Thanks again!

-Rahul