Writing a new RevisionSpec

Gioele Barabucci dev at gioelebarabucci.com
Wed Apr 2 20:31:17 BST 2008

James Westby wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-04-02 at 19:05 +0200, Gioele Barabucci wrote:
>> 1) If I call "bzr log -r my_spec foo/bar", how can i get "foo/bar" from
>> _merge_on()?
>
> I believe that you have to make it
>
>   bzr log -r my_spec:foo/bar
Isn't it possible to modify bzr to pass additional information to
RevisionSpec in future versions?

I hacked up a simple last_change:n RevisionSpec that returns the (nth)
revision where foo/bar has been changed. So you can do

bzr diff -r last_change:..last_change:2 foo/bar
(diff between last and previous change)

or

bzr log -r last_change: foo/bar (= log -l 1)
bzr log -r last_change:2 foo/bar (log of the second to last change to
foo/bar)

I think that the same information I need is going to be needed by other
RevisionSpec in the future.

Anyway, revid: is a bit different, it takes a string parameter that is
unrelated to the file it is going to operate on.

--
Gioele <dev at gioelebarabucci.com>