bzr send: what is the bundle part ?

Xavier Maillard xma at gnu.org
Wed Apr 2 01:00:05 BST 2008

   > If you do "bzr send --no-bundle", then you must supply the location of a
   > public copy of your branch (or bzr must already know the public
   > location).  bzr will verify that the relevant revisions are present in
   > that branch.  bzr merge and pull will work fine if you do this.

   Oops, right.  I forgot that bzr would attempt to DTRT when the branch is
   accessible.  I should have said that if there's no bundle and you're offline but
   the branch is on the network, then you can't do “bzr merge MERGE_DIRECTIVE_FILE”
   successfully (whereas if the bundle is present, then all the data needed is
   right there in the merge directive).

Does this mean we _must_ enclosed the bundle part in our merge
request for the bazaar project ?

	Xavier
--
http://www.gnu.org