[MERGE] New test loader for selftest --load-list

Vincent Ladeuil v.ladeuil+lp at free.fr
Tue Apr 1 13:37:21 BST 2008

    bialix> Vincent Ladeuil пишет:
    >> This patch provides a new, more aggressive, test loader that will avoid
    >> use this new loader by defining a load_tests function instead of
    >> a test_suite function.

    bialix> === modified file 'NEWS'
    bialix> --- NEWS	2008-04-01 04:19:06 +0000
    bialix> +++ NEWS	2008-04-01 09:42:34 +0000
    bialix> @@ -120,6 +120,13 @@
    bialix>        failing test.  Be aware that using this feature is likely to cause
    bialix>        spurious test failures if used with the full suite. (Andrew Bennetts)

    bialix> +    * selftest --load-list now uses a new more agressive test loader that will
    bialix> +      avoid loading unneeded modules and building their tests. Plugins can use
    bialix> +      this new loader by defining a load_tests function instead of a test_suite
    bialix> +      function. (a forthcoming patch will provide many examples on how to
    bialix> +      implement this).
    bialix> +      (Vincent Ladeuil)
    bialix> +

    bialix> I'm eagerly waiting for examples. :-)

install loom plugin (if needed)

$ bzr branch https://code.launchpad.net/~v-ladeuil/bzr/faster-selftest
$ bzr show-loom

nagivate to 'use-filter-by-module-test-loader' thread

$ bzr diff -rsubmit:

Enjoy :)

      Vincent