can't delete mirror of my branch on launchpad

Andrew Bennetts andrew at canonical.com
Mon Mar 31 12:51:12 BST 2008

Alexander Belchenko wrote:
> I register a mirror of my experimental branch on launchpad, but then I
> discover
> an error in branch name and want to delete it. I'm trying to delete several
> times, but
> always I get 'Timeout error'. Last time it has error ID  OOPS-821C1057.
> Is it permanent or temporary problem?

This appears to be a bug in Launchpad; when it deletes the branch it is removing
the database rows for the revisions one at a time, which is very slow.  So
probably just retrying won't work.

On the other hand, you shouldn't need to delete the branch to fix a bad name.
Next time, you can go to e.g.
https://code.launchpad.net/~bialix/bzr/bzr.porp.simple/+edit and change the
“Name” field to rename the branch in Launchpad.  I see you've already created a
new branch with the desired name, so unfortunately this advice is too late for
you.

Also, on that page you can change the “Status” to “Abandoned”, which will at
least hide the branch from most views, as a workaround for not being able to
delete the branch.

-Andrew.