Some unscientific timing results (on the Python source tree)

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at internode.on.net
Mon Mar 31 02:17:33 BST 2008

Paul Moore wrote:
> On 27/03/2008, John Arbash Meinel <john at arbash-meinel.com> wrote:
>> Paul Moore wrote:
>>  | bzr - 262Mb
>>  | hg - 140Mb
>>  | Subversion checkout - 333Mb
>>
>> Something seems fishy here. Specifically, if the SVN checkout is 333Mb, that

> I'm using rich-root-pack, because the source came from bzr-svn, but
> otherwise no issues.

As I've just mentioned in another thread, repositories converted via
bzr-svn use a different scheme for revision ids to what Bazaar does by
default, leading to a different sized repo than that converted by other
means. I'm yet to measure the difference myself so I'd be interested in
seeing some numbers if anyone has them.

Ian C.