Emacs repository benchmark: bzr and git

Xavier Maillard xma at gnu.org
Mon Mar 31 01:00:07 BST 2008

   Xavier Maillard <xma at gnu.org> writes:

   >    I personally do not see a single mail which can tilt the scale
   >    in favor of bzr except it is part of GNU project.
   >
   > The "except it is part of GNU project" is the _main_ reason.

   When an arbitrary political decision wipes away all technical arguments
   it is not helping free software in any way.

Hopefully, a genius (or visionary) took a political/ethical
decision twenty years ago. Today, we have the GNU which is
technically and ethically superior to any other system available
around.

Souvenirs, souvenirs !

	Xavier
--