RFC: TortoiseBzr strategies

Ville M. Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 14:15:52 GMT 2008

On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 12:30 PM, Nicholas Allen <allen at ableton.com> wrote:

>  I hope these overlays can be turned off. The reason is with TortoiseSVN
>  and large trees it really slows down your entire system (even though it
>  caches the state). TortoiseSVN has an option to disable this for
>  performance reasons and the difference is huge. I'm not sure if it's

This is also something that concerns me - probably the "blessed"
installer should only provide something that we already have e.g. in
qbzr: new bzr commands that launch various GUIs ("bzr qcommit"), and
perhaps some "bzr" submenu in right-click menus of folders and files
for launching these commands without command line. Especially casual
bzr users probably don't want to install something that influences the
entire OS, or launches background processes even when they are not
currently using bzr for anything.