api break for 1.4...

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Thu Mar 27 22:49:09 GMT 2008

So I can probably manage full api compatibility for knits/versionedfiles
etc for 1.4 and all these deprecations..

I'm wondering though, if everyone would be ok with me just plain
breaking the more esoteric corners of the api.

For instance, we support an 'access_mode' parameter and a
transaction_finished parameter; both of these are extremely unlikely to
be used by plugins, the former is used when creating via the abstract
factory in some stores, the latter by the unlocking logic; neither will
exist shortly and because the semantics are changing, not just the
representation, keeping a functional version around will bloat the
relevant code substantially.

-Rob