On BB

Vincent Ladeuil v.ladeuil+lp at free.fr
Thu Mar 27 13:44:16 GMT 2008

    aaron> Robert Collins wrote:

    >>> You can't do that directly on Bundle Buggy, but BB links to the thread
    >>> in GMANE precisely so that people can see the discussion.  Perhaps
    >>> that's something I should revisit.
    >>
    >> Its roughly what squid is asking for.

    aaron> So I think I'm seeing three kinds of accounts emerge:
    aaron> 1. People whose votes aren't binding.  Ideally, these accounts would be
    aaron>    auto-generated for each new email-id seen in the mailing list.
    aaron> 2. People whose votes can affect the merge request status (and who
    aaron>    implicitly vote for themselves).
    aaron> 3. People who can administer the system

Since I found the inspiration for the following ideas by using BB
(also discussed before and during the last bzr print with Barry
and Jonathan), I thought that thread is the right place for an
update:

I'd really like to be able to say in:

commit messages
---------------

  This implements the feature first discussed in <stable_mail_url>.

or

  This begins implementing the first solution proposed in
  <stable_mail_url>.

mails
-----

   The feature described in this thread have been implement in:
   <bzr_revid_stable_url>

or

   This bug has been fixed in <bzr_revid_stable_url>.

or

   You can find a good example of how to implement that
   feature/plugin/gizmo by looking at <bzr_revid_stable_url> and
   the previous few commits.

For both of the urls, we need sites hosting the mails and the
branches (could be different hosts, even several of them but
obviously one url will refer to one site).

Having both means implemented (I know some of you are working on
the 'stable' part :) will greatly enhance the ability to link
ideas/discussions/bugs to code.

     Vincent