[MERGE] Emacs message mode as email client option

Xavier Maillard xma at gnu.org
Wed Mar 26 01:00:54 GMT 2008

   Bojan Nikolic wrote:
   > Aaron, thanks for the detailed comments -- hopefully I have incorporated
   > them below.

   No problem.  This is almost perfect.  Just needs some trivial changes.

   bb:tweak

   > I would still like to post this more complete patch even though it uses
   > the non-default "message" email facility of emacs. If I'm not mistaken
   > this is necessary to allow attaching the bundle as a separate part
   > (which will hopefully be demonstrated in this post).

   Yes, it looks nice.  It would be even nicer if the attachment had a
   filename set.

This could be easily done with the function `mml-attach-file' as follow:

+        if attach_path is not None:
+            commandline.append("(forward-line)")
+            ifform = "(mml-attach-file \"%s\" \"text/x-patch\" \"description\" \"attachment\")" % self._encode_path(attach_path,
+                                                                          'attachment')
+            commandline.append(ifform)
+        return commandline

Regards,

	Xavier