Some unscientific timing results (on the Python source tree)

Russel Winder russel.winder at concertant.com
Tue Mar 25 09:01:39 GMT 2008

On Mon, 2008-03-24 at 11:12 -0300, Martin Albisetti wrote:

> Currently, branching through http is faster than using the smart
> server (this is being worked on, though).
> On the other hand, pulling/pushing/merging, is much faster with the
> smart server, which is fairly trivial to use if you have bzr installed
> on the server, and users have ssh access.
> You just have to use bzr+ssh:// instead of http:// in the URLs for
> these operations.

Where does sftp:// fit into all this?  Is it the same as bzr+ssh:// ?

I had assumed sftp was the right way of working where SSH access was
available but maybe that was a wrong assumption?

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder                 Partner

Concertant LLP                   t: +44 20 7193 9203
41 Buckmaster Road,              f: +44 8700 516 084
London SW11 1EN, UK.             m: +44 7770 465 077