Ubuntu packages

Russel Winder russel.winder at concertant.com
Thu Mar 20 07:37:18 GMT 2008

I have spotted the packages bazaar, bazaar-dbg and bazaar-doc at version
1.4 in the Ubuntu universe repository.  Is there a plan to avoid
confusion as to which packages are and are not Bazaar when the bzr*
packages get to 1.4?

(I am asking so I can say the right thing when asked in the session on
version control systems at accu2008 that Jim Hague and myself are
putting on. This is a "Why DVCS is better than CVCS" aka "Why
Bazaar/Mercurial/Git are better than Subversion/Perforce/ClearCase"
session -- its a follow on from Tim Penhey's BOF at accu2007.  Tim was
originally going to be a copresenter but couldn't travel to get to this
year's conference, so it is just me and Jim.)

Thanks.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder                 Partner

Concertant LLP                   t: +44 20 7193 9203
41 Buckmaster Road,              f: +44 8700 516 084
London SW11 1EN, UK.             m: +44 7770 465 077