probably bug? update in lightweight checkout of heavyweight checkout turns local commits into pending merges

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Tue Mar 18 08:28:24 GMT 2008

John Arbash Meinel пишет:
> I understand that what you probably wanted to say was "update this
> lightweight checkout to the tip of its branch, ignoring that the branch
> is bound to a master." However, "bzr update" is defined as "update this
> branch to the tip of its master (if exist), and update this working tree
> to the tip of the branch afterwards."

It seems like help of `update` command is describe exactly what I want and disagree with your definition:

C:\Temp\1>bzr up -h
Purpose: Update a tree to have the latest code committed to its branch.
Usage:   bzr update [DIR]

That's exactly what I want to do in lightweight checkout: update a tree to
the latest code committed to its branch.

C:\Temp\1>type c\.bzr\branch\location
file:///C:/Temp/1/b/

The branch for lightweight checkout is b, i.e. heavyweight checkout.
So I think it's a bug. Either in behavior or in help.