[MERGE][BUG #93412] 'bzr uncommit --local'

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Sun Mar 16 18:48:00 GMT 2008

On Sun, 2008-03-16 at 13:40 +0000, John Arbash Meinel wrote:
> Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> > On Sun, 2008-03-16 at 10:48 +0000, John Arbash Meinel wrote:
> >> This just adds a '--local' flag to uncommit, and adds some tests that it
> >> works properly.
> > bb:approve
> I should mention that one way this differs from 'bzr commit --local' is
> that it is not an error to supply 'bzr uncommit --local' in a branch
> that is not bound. I did it that way because it was both easier, and
> because I didn't understand why commit --local should raise an error in
> that case.
Oh, ok. I wasn't even aware commit --local didn't work on unbound
branches.

What is --local meant to mean exactly? Don't do network operations, or
don't operate on my master branch? In the first case, it doesn't make a
lot of sense that commit --local has different behaviour from --no-local
when the master branch is on the same host. In the second case, having
"uncommit --local" work may be a bit odd.

Cheers,

Jelmer