[MERGE] bzr.exe: move builtin plugins out of library.zip to directory 'plugins'

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 12:16:17 GMT 2008

On 16/03/2008, Martin Pool <mbp at canonical.com> wrote:
> I just came back to this thread when noticing it in the news file
>  pending release in 1.3.  Do you know at all why people were wanting to
>  remove the Launchpad plugin?
>
>  I would like to know if it's that there's some bug that makes them
>  want to avoid it, if it's something about Launchpad, if it's load
>  time, if it's a desire for minimalism, or something else.

In my case, it's mainly a desire to keep the list of commands
focussed. I have no particular interest in Launchpad, and don't expect
to use it, so disabling it by default suits me. (I also have a slight
dislike of the way Launchpad gets "preferred" status by being built in
- but that's not the major issue).

Personally, I'd have preferred the implementation to be by means of a
setting in bazaar.conf, or similar - I've no particular wish to delete
the plugin (in case I need it at some point), I'd rather just disable
it. But that's a minor detail.

Paul.