bzr-svn 0.4.8 delayed

Russel Winder russel.winder at concertant.com
Fri Mar 14 11:19:00 GMT 2008

Jelmer,

On Fri, 2008-03-14 at 11:58 +0100, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> Just a quick heads-up. Since the first Bazaar 1.3 RC is going to be
> released within a week, I'm going to wait with releasing bzr-svn 0.4.8
> until that rc has been released. 0.4.8 will be compatible with bzr 1.3
> and higher.
>
> This means there will be no bzr-svn version officially blessed as being
> compatible with bzr 1.2. It should still be possible to use 0.4.7 with
> bazaar 1.2, it will just warn you that the two may be incompatible.

Sounds like a good strategy.  It seems like 1.2 is not going to exist
for very long !

The problem is that the bzr-svn package states that it must use a bzr <
1.2 so APT will not let it be installed without being forced.  Given
that bzr 1.1 doesn't exist anywhere, this means backing out to bzr 1.0
for a self-consistent install.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder                 Partner

Concertant LLP                   t: +44 20 7193 9203
41 Buckmaster Road,              f: +44 8700 516 084
London SW11 1EN, UK.             m: +44 7770 465 077