Emacs Bazaar repository

Karl Fogel kfogel at red-bean.com
Thu Mar 13 04:06:49 GMT 2008

Jason Earl <jearl at xmission.com> writes:
> After a few false starts I have been successful (at least as far as I
> can tell) in importing the Emacs CVS repository into Bazaar.  If anyone
> is interested in playing with the results you can check out the HEAD of
> the CVS repository with:
>
> bzr clone http://bzr.notengoamigos.org/emacs/trunk/
>
> The other branches are available as well and have URLs like:
>
> http://bzr.notengoamigos.org/emacs/branches/<branch-name>/
>
> For more information please see:
>
> http://bzr.notengoamigos.org/

Thanks for doing this.  Two questions:

   1) If we commit to ("push to", whatever the appropriate term is) this
      repository, will the changes show up in CVS?  (I'm assuming CVS is
      still considered the master until some official switchover.)

   2) I run Debian GNU/Linux ("testing" dist) and have installed the
      'bzr' package now using 'apt-get'.  Given the many variants of
      Bazaar(s) that have existed over the years, I can't be positive
      that 'bzr' is the right package; if it is not, someone please post
      here saying what is :-).

-Karl