Emacs Bazaar repository

dhruva dhruvakm at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 03:12:51 GMT 2008

Sounds practical. I will start using bazaar baz/bzr(is it bazaar-ng
written in python or the earlier 'c' implementation). For records, I
have tried using all the emacs repositories from cvs,tla,hg,git and
will try bzr/baz too. Command usage and deployment based, tla was
toughest followed by git and cvs. mercurial were easiest to deploy and
use. If it is bzr (python implementation), it will share mercurial's
ease of deployment.

-dhruva

On 3/13/08, Stefan Monnier <monnier at iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
> > Well, now we have cvs, git, mercurial and bazaar. Having a subversion
>
> You forgot to mention Arch, which with CVS is the only one actually used
> very actively for development (it's used to keep branches in sync).
>
> > repository will complete the long story.
> > I just hope this indecision will not continue for too long and confuse
> > people in terms of which repository to use. So far, i just had to
> > mention 'emacs head' has this problem on some platform in reporting
> > bugs. I have now started adding the repo info too!
> > I request the new maintainers to make a decision in the near future
> > and streamline this for 23 series.
>
> As long as the forgeign branches are kept in sync with the CVS branches,
> I don't think it's a big deal.  For me the plan goes as follows:
> - ascertain that Bzr is good enough for our usage pattern.
> - place Bzr branches that mirror the CVS ones (and are kept in sync)
>   on savannah.
> - get vc-status to a good enough shape to be usable on those Bzr branches.
> - get Miles to switch from Arch to Bzr to do the merge between branches.
> - drop the CVS repository.
>

>         Stefan

Contents reflect my personal views only!