New developer introduction

Alexander Belchenko bialix at
Mon Mar 10 19:24:31 GMT 2008

Wouter van Heyst пишет:
> On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 09:08:14PM +0200, Alexander Belchenko wrote:
>> And I always can continue to build for myself standalone installer.
>> Because py2exe'd version is noticeable faster for me at startup :-P
> That is an interesting side effect I hadn't considered. I wonder if that
> is similar to Martin's experimental blat-everything-to-one-file
> speedups.

I don't know what do you mean.
But I think bzr.exe has shorter startup time because of

> Alexander: do you have measurements on how much faster it is?

Well, I measure only difference between py2exe'd version with
and putting all *.pyc files in directories. It's not the same like full-fledged
python installation.
But for my experiments I got times from 50-100 ms to 300ms. It depends on hardware and kind of file

I think I know why it faster. And I think std python installation even slower.
Especially if you have setuptools and eggs packages installed.