bzr-svn branch taking a very long time

André Pang ozone at algorithm.com.au
Mon Mar 10 01:38:45 GMT 2008

On 10/03/2008, at 12:29 PM, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:

> Am Montag, den 10.03.2008, 11:47 +1100 schrieb André Pang:
>> I'm trying out bzr-svn for the first time, and am using it to try to
>> mirror our company repository.  I left it running for almost 12
>> hours,
>> but the initial branch never finished, and bzr-svn chewed up about
>> 1.17GB of RAM before I aborted it.  (It got around 90% of the way
>> toward the end and I'm confident that it would have finished, but
>> it's
>> pretty difficult for me to leave my laptop connected to a network for
>> 12 hours!)  Is bzr-svn taking 12 hours for a full initial branch of a
>> complete repository normal?
> No, that's not normal. It's not as fast as I hope it to be eventually
> but 12 hours for that amount of time is too much. What version of
> bzr-svn are you using?

I'm using the trunk <http://people.samba.org/bzr/jelmer/bzr-svn/
stable>, as indicated on the Mac OS X installation instructions.  I
pulled it down about two or three days ago.  Should I try 0.4.7 instead?

> How much files are in the tree on average?

Hmmm, probably around 1000 files in the trunk on average.  I'm trying
to mirror the entire repository, though (trunk, tags and branches).
We have the one trunk, around a dozen tags and only one other branch
right now.

--
% Andre Pang : trust.in.love.to.save  <http://www.algorithm.com.au/>