bzr-svn core dumps on Linux

Nicholas Allen allen at ableton.com
Fri Mar 7 17:30:07 GMT 2008

| Any chance you can provide a backtrace for this core dump? This is most
| probably a bug in python-subversion, but it's hard to tell (or fix)
| without a gdb backtrace.
Hi Jelmer,

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you with the stack trace - I
have been very busy.

Anyway I rebuilt svn with --enable-debug, reinstalled everything and ran
it in gdb. Unfortunately the stack trace does not look too helpful (even
though I compiled with -g).

I've included it here in case you can see something I did wrong. It
seems as though the debug symbols aren't there but I have no idea why as
everything was compiled with -g like I said. Perhaps the crash is not
inside the subversion libraries?

nia at nia-desktop:~/test$ gdb python
GNU gdb 6.6-debian
conditions.
This GDB was configured as "i486-linux-gnu"...
(no debugging symbols found)
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/tls/i686/cmov/libthread_db.so.1".
(gdb) set ar
architecture  args
(gdb) set ar
architecture  args
(gdb) set args /usr/bin/bzr branch svn://heinz/Ableton/trunk/Projects/WindOs
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/bin/python /usr/bin/bzr branch
svn://heinz/Ableton/trunk/Projects/WindOs
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
[New Thread -1209952064 (LWP 9694)]
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)

[Switching to Thread -1209952064 (LWP 9694)]
0x08062f26 in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x08062f26 in ?? ()
#1  0xb7d31694 in ?? ()