[MERGE] Fix for the bzr+https URL issue

Jeff Abbott fdiv_bug at sniping.org
Wed Mar 5 16:27:02 GMT 2008

Folks,

Late last month, someone brought up an issue on this list with accessing
branches over bzr+https.  The message is here:

   https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/bazaar/2008q1/037864.html

I've created a bzr-bundle-produced patch, attached to this message,
incorporating the changes John suggested.  I also filed a bug about the
issue:

   https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/198793

Like John, I also wonder if adding self._remote_is_at_least_1_2 to
bzrlib/transport/http/_urllib.py is the best way to fix the traceback,
but don't know of a better solution.  Perhaps making HttpTransportBase
inherit from medium.SmartClientStreamMedium instead of
medium.SmartClientMedium would work better?  I'm proposing the merge
as-is since I'd like to get this taken care of before the next release
-- it's a major issue that will impact our potential use of Bazaar --
but if the general consensus is that tweaking HttpTransportBase's class
hierarchy would be a better solution I can try to make those changes.

Thanks,
Jeff