How do I resolve this case-sensitivity problem on Windows.

Doug Lee dgl at dlee.org
Wed Mar 5 06:13:42 GMT 2008

On Wed, Mar 05, 2008 at 07:53:15AM +0200, Alexander Belchenko wrote:
> Talden ??????????:
> >Below is a short sequence of commands that, on Windows results in the
> >working tree always reporting removed files.  How do I fix it so that
> >the files are removed in the branch and the working tree reports
> >clean?
> >
> >NB: I know the ideal is to use "bzr mv" instead of the rename - this
> >is a contrived example to simulate something that happened with a new
> >vendor drop amongst thousands of files.
>
> Yes, using mv is the right way for now.

Makes sense, but FYI, I have long had the problem of certain Windows
programs "renaming" files to the case you type in their "Open"
dialogs--e.g., if the file is Foo.txt and I type Ctrl+O for an Open
dialog and type "foo.txt" and then save, the "F" silently becomes an
"f."  Worse, I have one utility that plays as-yet-undetermined games
with the case of file extensions, so that Foo.txt can suddenly become
Foo.TXT even though I didn't type it that way.

Just a data point.

Doug Lee                 dgl at dlee.org
SSB BART Group           doug.lee at ssbbartgroup.com   http://www.ssbbartgroup.com
"You must let me try, for a true soldier does not admit defeat before
the battle."
--Helen Keller (in a letter to the president of Radcliffe College)