[MERGE][RFC] Proposed version 3 of smart server protocol

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Mon Mar 3 17:30:18 GMT 2008

John Arbash Meinel has voted tweak.
Status is now: Conditionally approved
Comment:
+  MESSAGE_PARTS := MESSAGE_PART [MORE_MESSAGE_PARTS]
+  MORE_MESSAGE_PARTS := END_MESSAGE_PARTS | MESSAGE_PARTS

^- Because you define MORE_MESSAGE_PARTS as the terminal, isn't this
actually

MESSAGE_PARTS := MESSAGE_PART MORE_MESSAGE_PARTS+
MORE_MESSAGE_PARTS := END_MESSAGE_PARTS | MESSAGE_PARTS
(you have to have at least 1 to terminate it)

Also, is defining MORE_MESSAGE_PARTS := MESSAGE_PARTS correct, or should
it be MESSAGE_PART?

Maybe I'm just misunderstanding how you are nesting it here. I would
probably do it as:

MESSAGE_PARTS := MESSAGE_PART+ END_MESSAGE_PART

For details, see:
http://bundlebuggy.aaronbentley.com/request/%3C20080220122210.GA29155%40steerpike.home.puzzling.org%3E