[MERGE] Fix branch interface tests were invalid for branches using subtree repositories

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Thu Feb 28 14:31:56 GMT 2008

On Thu, 2008-02-28 at 07:47 -0500, Aaron Bentley wrote:

> Robert Collins wrote:
> >> Could you explain a little more about why the tests were incorrect?
> >
> > They assumed that '' was a valid file id for '/'.
>
> What makes it not a valid id on nested trees?

Its not about nested trees, its really about rich roots. Anyhow, I don't
think its permitted anywhere, it was simply not being passed into the
relevant code paths because a tree that doesn't version its root was
being used.

Its easy enough to make this break if you want to experiment: change the
format description for testing branch6 to use a pack-rich-root
repository format.

-Rob