Replacing an expensive proprietary CM system with bzr.

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at internode.on.net
Wed Feb 27 04:17:18 GMT 2008

David Cournapeau wrote:
> Robert Collins wrote:
>>
>> There is a rough tortoiseBZR at the moment, and I believe it is being
>> improved at the moment.
> Is it ? The last commit in the branch mentioned in bzr site dates from
> 8/30/2007, the end of the GSOC (which was the context in which the
> project was done if I remember correctly).
>
> If there is another branch more recent, where can I find it ? I would
> also add it to the tortoiseBZR page, to avoid confusion. Because the
> above branch is not usable even for simple usage (no add, remove, no
> .bzrignore access, no push/pull, etc...).

I believe Robert meant 'in coming weeks' more so than 'at the moment'.
We have a developer sprint in London next week and another at PyCon 2008
2 weeks after that, where this tool ought to be the subject of some much
needed attention.

Semi-related, Wildcat BZR has recently been announced - see
http://sorn.net/projects/wildcat-bzr/about.php. I'm yet to try it but
the feedback I've heard to date has been positive.

Ian C.