[REQUEST] Patterns in commit

Forest Bond forest at alittletooquiet.net
Fri Feb 22 18:08:30 GMT 2008

Hi,

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 05:59:27PM +0000, James Westby wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-02-22 at 14:12 +0100, QbProg wrote:
> > Hello Bazaar Developers,
> >
> > I have a suggestion for you: allow the commit command to accept file
> > patterns.
> > I would like to do something similar
> >
> > > bzr commit Source/*.cpp Source/*.h -m".."
> > or even
> > > bzr commit Source/MyFile.*
> > This would be usefoul to commit single functionalities (I have to
> > merge them later in another branch).
> >
> > actually it is not possible. Could you consider that as an option?
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by "not possible." As I understand
> it you are asking to commit the changes to only some of the
> files that are changed in your working tree, is that correct?
>
> If so, then this should be possible now, and so if it doesn't
> work for you then please let us know what the error you
> get is.

I think that he is saying that the wildcards aren't working.  Does the Windows
command prompt support globbing?

It's possible that things *nix users expect from their shells Windows users
expect from their applications due to the fact that they have a sub-optimal
command interpreter.

-Forest
--
Forest Bond