how to force recalculation of sha1 for versioned file?

Vincent Ladeuil v.ladeuil+lp at free.fr
Mon Feb 11 17:24:16 GMT 2008

    bialix> Aaron Bentley пишет:
    >> Alexander Belchenko wrote:
    >>> Unfortunately `bzr st` says that nothing changed. Because mount don't
    >>> change
    >>> timestamp nor size of this file.
    >>>
    >>> It seems like this trick is fairly new, because back in November 2007
    >>> I'm working with the same branch and don't have such problems.
    >>
    >> No, this "trick" is not new.  Bazaar has used the mtime as an indicator
    >> of whether a file has changed since bzr-0.0.5 in July 2005.

    bialix> So, let's assuming I have false memory.

    >>> I could understand this change should speed up status operation, but
    >>> it seems like in my case bzr does the wrong thing.
    >>
    >> If your disk image is being modified without having its mtime updated, I
    >> would argue that's the wrong thing.  The mtime should always be updated
    >> when the contents of a file change.

Imagine doing that for 8GB mounted images (as I mount regularly
for virtual machines) !

Otherwise, yes, it's disturbing that the mtime is not updated.

I think they didn't want to impose a performance penalty by
updating mtime each time time one of the files in the mounted
volume was modified.

    bialix> Thank you. I will start to teach myself run `touch
    bialix> firmware.bin` after each `umount`.

Only if md5 changes ! ;-)

     Vincent