Apt signing on http://ppa.launchpad.net/bzr/ubuntu

Erik de Castro Lopo erikd+bzr at mega-nerd.com
Sun Feb 10 23:32:26 GMT 2008

Robert Collins wrote:

> On Sat, 2008-02-09 at 17:59 +1100, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
> >
> > I've been running into some problems which I suspect is a problems
> > of bzr version incompatibilities (bzr from gusty vs bzr from hardy).
>
> What sort of problems?

The problem was that 'bzr pull' over http wasn't actually working and
the stuff on the laptop wasn't being pulled and hence wasn't being backed
up. I only really discovered this *after* I had a harddrive crash on the
laptop. Fortunately although the laptop drive was mostly borked, it was
still readable enough to retrieve the sources although I lost commit
history on about 5 branches.

I wish I could provide more debugging info on this but I can't. I do
however believe it was related to the 'bzr upgrade' issue I reported.

I now intend to write a script which does 'bzr revno' the source and
destination and validates that they are the same.

Erik
Erik de Castro Lopo