Bazaar 0.90.0 problem merging back to Subversion

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Sat Feb 2 13:39:32 GMT 2008

Hi Russel,

Am Samstag, den 02.02.2008, 13:27 +0000 schrieb Russel Winder:
> On Fri, 2008-02-01 at 13:15 +0100, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> > This is a bug that has been fixed in newer versions of bzr-svn.
> >
> > If you have 0.4.2 or later installed, remove ~/.bazaar/svn-cache and try again.
> > 0.4.7 should work even without removnig ~/.bazaar/svn-cache.
>
> An essentially similar problem came up again so I used this as an excuse
> to upgrade to Bazaar 1.1.  I had to remove the svn-cache to get things
> committed up, but it did with no hassle.
>
> I have been told that the Pack format would make Subversion repository
> mirroring easier and faster than the Knit format.  It seems though that
> bzr-svn 0.4.6 (which is what I get from the Launchpad APT repository for
> Gutsy) still uses Knit format for a mirror branch -- or am I doing
> something wrong.
Yeah, it uses the --rich-root format by default. 0.4.7 has switched to
using --rich-root-pack by default.

You can force older versions of bzr-svn to use rich-root-pack by using a
shared repository:

$ bzr init-repo --rich-root-pack myrepo
$ cd myrepo
$ bzr branch svn://svn.samba.org/somerepo/trunk

Cheers,

Jelmer
Jabber: jelmer at jabber.fsfe.org