Setting up a shared repository for users with no shell login

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Fri Feb 1 05:55:42 GMT 2008

alex mitchell wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> Thanks for your help!
>
> I added logging in bzr_access, to print out SSH_ORIGINAL_COMMAND, and the
> values of bzrExec, repoRoot, user and directory. Everything looks ok, except
> for directory, which always seems to be /. I'm guessing this is the problem,
> since this doesn't match the directory that I've given the user permission
> for in bzr_access.conf, and which I requested when connecting from the
> remote machine.
>
> Any idea why this is happening?
>
> Alex

bzr always sends '/'. It was just confusion by the person who wrote
bzr_access. (The client doesn't know until it connects where the actual
repository is, so it cannot send it in advance. It might guess where the
branch is, but the actual repository could be in any containing dir.)

So if you just set it up with '/' it should work.