line endings

Talden talden at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 20:16:06 GMT 2008

> But this is all prior art isn't it?  (tortoiseCVS, svn,
> mercurial, others)?  Have there been significant problems?

Subversions solution is fairly complete for dealing with different
line-endings, I don't like their 'is text' model though - based on
mime-types but doesn't know enough textual mime-types for that to be
useful.

Of course I'm not yet sure of a good alternative...

Nice to haves would be properties for line-endings, encodings and
mime-types... Whether they should be revisioned properties or not is
up for discussion - regardless you need to deal with propagating
changes and dealing with possible conflicts.

The design, regardless of implementation effort, is not small and it
needs to be done right or it's going to just get in the way (although
really, it should all be opt-in per-file anyway with the default to do
exactly what it does now).

--
Talden