[MERGE] Add simple Storage object

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Tue Jan 29 01:30:02 GMT 2008

On Sun, 2008-01-27 at 16:12 -0500, Aaron Bentley wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> This patch adds the concept of a Storage object to Repositories.  When
> fully complete, the Storage object will act as the minimum interface
> required to implement new repository types.  This would include support
> for the VersionedFile API.  Essentially, StorageRepository and
> StorageVersionedFile would become adaptors.

I don't see a functional difference between just making everything in
the base Repository be defined in the primitives you mention, and what
you present.

But adding another abstraction to Repository, which is already having
problems - previous cleanups not completed - seems to me to be making
the api issues there worse, not better.

bb:discuss-please ;)

-Rob