[MERGE] Make pull --quiet more quiet. Fixes #185907.

James Westby jw+debian at jameswestby.net
Mon Jan 28 21:51:41 GMT 2008

Hi,

This fixes #185907 by turning off some of the
messages in the output of pull --quiet. It does
slightly more than that, and indeed more than
the bug report asks, but I think it is a sensible
change. There are no failing tests with the
change so there are no messages that test for
the presence of those strings when --quiet is
used.

I think there is more that could be done in this
area:

$ grep -rI "from bzrlib.trace" bzrlib | grep "note\|warning\|info" |
grep -v is_quiet | wc -l
33

So there are 33 files in which it is likely a message is being
showed to the user without consideration of whether --quiet was
used.

What should our policy in this area be? If --quiet is used that
only exceptions should be printed? Exceptions and warnings?

Thanks,

James