Bazaar User Guide: Workflows

Eugene Wee eugenew at starhub.net.sg
Fri Jan 25 20:21:34 GMT 2008

Hi,

In the Bazaar User Guide section 1.3.6 (Decentralized with shared
mainline [1]) I noticed that the text reads:

"In this workflow, each developer has their own branch or branches, plus
commit rights to the main branch. They do their work in their personal
branch, then merge it into the mainline when it is ready."

The graphical illustration then has "bzr branch" for step 1, "bzr pull"
and "bzr merge" for step 2, and "bzr commit" for step 3. It seems to me
that "commit rights" is used rather loosely, since step 3 should
actually be "bzr push". Perhaps the graphical illustration should be
changed to mention "bzr push" instead?

Regards,
Eugene Wee

[1] http://doc.bazaar-vcs.org/bzr.dev/en/user-guide/index.html#workflows