[BzrTools][Win32] graph-ancestry needs sax.utils

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Fri Jan 25 10:35:49 GMT 2008

Aaron Bentley пишет:
> Alexander Belchenko wrote:
>> Aaron Bentley пишет:
>>> Seems like a bad idea-- other plugins may also use obscure corners of
>>> the standard library.  Perhaps there's an override for py2exe?
>> Yeah, and standalone installer does not contains PyGTK and PyQt and Tkinter
>> libraries and name another one yourself.
>
> There is a significant difference between PyGTK and the standard
> library.  People who are writing plugins expect the full standard
> library to be available.  (Which includes Tkinter.)

Including Tkinter to standalone installer -- it's +2MB of size.
I'm already think that our installer is a bit too big (5.7MB).
I don't want to bloat it even bigger.

> This is a fragile approach, because not every import bug is reported
> quickly.  This graph-ancestry bug, for example, has been present since
> September 2005.  I don't know how many users have encountered it before
> Paul.  I hope not many.

The only one robust solution for this problem is packaging all plugins
in standalone bzr.exe and hence installer, so py2exe will correctly
found all dependencies and bundle them as well. Or each plugin will carefully
listing their dependencies and I add extra modules manually.