Newbie to this kind of thing - some basic help please

Donn donn.ingle at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 22:53:29 GMT 2008

> First, for "no responses" you only waited 10 hours, which isn't very
> long for email.
Sorry. I was frustrated by the non-response to the same one sent to
feedback at launchpad; not this lists' problem.

It's late for me here now, I will absorb your information tomorrow, this is by
way of thanks and some feedback.

> I don't know if you can associate it with a "+junk" branch, but there is
> no reason to use +junk when you've registered a project.
I used the +junk (being a newb) because that's what's directly advised in
the '5 minute' introduction under the Launchpad hosting section. It's the
only thing I could find (linked from LP's bazaar help pages) to get me
started. Perhaps if you (or someone you know) could update that page or add a
more detailed account it would help other newbies in the future.
(But I take your point about relevant lists.)

> However, Launchpad is not Sourceforge. It is slowly building up some
> features as they are deemed necessary.
Okay, I am getting the picture. Finding free (cost and freedom) hosting is not
a smooth ride and I guess I pictured LP in the wrong way. Thanks for filling
in some reality :)

> I would also say that this should have been sent to
> "launchpad-users at lists.canonical.com" not Bazaar. As all of your points
> are related to Launchpad, and not Bazaar.
Okay, the confusion stems from my newness to it all - from my current p.o.v
the two are the same thing. I chose what seemed the best list to join from
the choices also directly linked from the bazaar help pages. I will join the
other list and see what's up.

Right, thanks for that. I'll find some time and get more familiar with it all.

\d

--
Benford's Law of Controversy: Passion is inversely proportional to the amount
of real information available.

Fonty Python and other dev news at:
http://otherwiseingle.blogspot.com/