Advice on organising development with inter-related projects please.

Talden talden at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 02:13:10 GMT 2008

I'm looking for some guidance on sharing code between projects.

Currently, in CVS, we have two teams that cannot see each others
project repositories. A shared body of code, which both teams
contribute to, is symlinked into the CVS tree.

This arrangement leaves CVS believing that, in both repositories, the
shared code is local and so all commands act as though the code is
local.  This allows for some convenient and low-effort collaboration.

Clearly this won't work in bzr or practically any other VCS
(especially distributed ones).

AFAIK you can't nest branches and have bzr operations flow over a full
tree of nested branches.

How would you manage such a situation in bzr?

--
Talden