[MERGE] Speedup selftest by loading a previously saved test list

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Thu Jan 17 21:58:47 GMT 2008

On Thu, 2008-01-17 at 17:59 +0100, Vincent Ladeuil wrote:

> The problem is to find the right balance between keeping the
> parametrization sufficiently opened while still being able to
> build the TestCase from the parameters. pickle allowed me to
> postpone these choices while implementing the rest.
>
> I think a promising approach is to save the test name, its
> parameters and the associated adapter class name.

I think you missed my point and andrews.

The /only/ data you need is the names/ids to load. From that we can
build a test suite that contains just those tests, parameterisation is
the responsibility of the test_suite() interface (and refinements such
as I did at the end of the year).

Any approach where you use anything other than the name of the test is
almost guaranteed to be flawed in concept.

-Rob