making network performance 'good enough' for large projects

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Tue Jan 15 08:18:42 GMT 2008

On 15/01/2008, Robert Collins <robertc at robertcollins.net> wrote:
> I've created a list of some things that need to be done for making bzr
> acceptable for really large projects over the network. I thought I'd put
> it out there for debate - have I missed essential things? wrong
> approaches? etc?

This sounds to me like an accurate list of what we need to do for
network performance in the next few months.  This is the main priority
for Canonical Bazaar hackers, as well as generally keeping things
moving with user support, bug fixes, monthly releases and so on.

There are some other things that could improve the experience for
networking, but they are not so high as these, so I don't want to add
them to this list.  But still, someone might like to work on them:
better logging and hooks in the smart server, easier setup within
Apache, a system for testing interoperation between old and new
clients and servers.

--
Martin