Bugreport: Crypto/Util/randpool.py always fails in _randomize when used under windows/cygwin

Edi Hance edi.hance at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 20:39:11 GMT 2008

Edi Hance wrote:

> Using bzr on cygwin shows the following error:
>
> Murat Gurol wrote:
>> Context:
>>
>> Using bzr remote commands, e.g. branch or pull.
>>  File "randpool.py", line 120, in _randomize
>> IOError: [Errno 0] Error

I have a workaround for this bug.  It appears because cygwin throws an
IOError exception with num=0 when closing the /dev/urandom file.  The
workaround is to change line 120 in
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/Crypto/Util/randpool.py to read:

                if num!=2 and num!=0 : raise IOError, (num, msg)

Using this workaround, bzr seems to function normally.

I've posted a bug report with this workaround at:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/181855