[MERGE] Reduce selftest overhead to establish test names by memoization.

Vincent Ladeuil v.ladeuil+lp at free.fr
Tue Jan 8 06:50:47 GMT 2008

>>>>> "aaron" == Aaron Bentley <aaron.bentley at utoronto.ca> writes:

    aaron> Aaron Bentley has voted tweak.
    aaron> Status is now: Conditionally approved
    aaron> Comment:

    aaron> I think it would be appropriate to make
    aaron> test_func_names an instance variable of TestLoader.
    aaron> And according to the way other variables are named in
    aaron> this module, testFnNames should be test_fn_names.

Done and submitted to pqm.

    aaron> At some point, we should investigate *why* it's being
    aaron> called so many times, but this is a good speedup IMO.

Partly it's because to establish the test function names, that
method is called for the class and then for all of its base
classes.

That doesn't explain all the calls but at least explain the huge
difference (700.000 -> 100.000 calls) made by this patch.

           Vincent